In a significant collaborative effort between Newsweek and Statista, the highly anticipated America's Best-In-State Hospitals 2024 list has been unveiled, spotlighting 600 prestigious hospitals across the nation. Notably, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has secured the #5 position on this esteemed roster.
The rankings were created to identify the top hospitals at the state level. Hospitals from all US states were eligible for the ranking and included in the nationwide survey. The 25 states with the most hospitals according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) were surveyed individually, and the remaining states were grouped into four regions: Northeast, Midwest, West, and South. Leading hospitals from these states were considered accordingly.
Four data sources were used for the evaluation:
- Nationwide online survey: Over 10,000 medical professionals (doctors, hospital managers, and healthcare workers) were asked to recommend the best hospitals (in and out of state) based on their expertise.
- Quality Metrics Data: Data from CMS available for Mortality, Safety, Readmission, Experience, Timely & Effective Care was considered.
- Patient Experience: Cleanliness of the hospitals and quietness, communication of the nurses/doctors and staff responsiveness, care transition, medicine communication, and discharge information.
- PROMS Implementation survey: To account for the increasing importance of Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs).
Other San Diego hospitals that made the list include:
- Jacobs Medical Center at UC San Diego Health at #8,
- Sharp Memorial Hospital at #12
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center at #22
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center & Zion Medical Center #23
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - Encinitas #24
- Palomar Medical Center Escondido #27
- Sharp Coronado Hospital #28
See the full list Here.