Tomelloso Family Support | The second major event this week will feature LACMA’s donation of $10,000 to the Tomelloso family through our partnership with the Los Angeles Police Department. Mike and Laura Tomelloso are both in law enforcement and both have stage 4 cancers. In addition, they have two young sons, one of whom is special needs. The LACMA board of directors approved the donation and it is our hope the funds will help the Tomelloso family deal with medical bills and other expenses. The Blue Ribbon Trust Fund for the Tomellosos has been established by the Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union. Anyone interested in making an online donation can visit here and/or fill out a form here.
AltaMed Health Services Conference | This Saturday, LACMA will participate in the AltaMed Health Services Provider Quality Conference at the Waterfront Beach Resort in Huntington Beach. We are honored to share LACMA resources, benefits, and programs to help AltaMed Health Services and the over 200 LACMA members sponsored by AMHS!
PPE Supplies for Practices in Need | LACMA still has a supply of PPE if you are a practice in need of additional masks, gowns, and goggles. Please contact Sheila Hoyer at email@example.com to coordinate pick-up from our offices Downtown.
Apply Your Voice with #CMAVoices!
Medi-Cal provides essential health coverage to one in three Californians and is foundational to the state’s health care delivery system and economy.
Thanks to Medi-Cal, Californians don’t go without health care coverage and receive critical health services, but much work remains to improve access to care.
We know we can do better for Californians.
HOW YOU CAN HELP: Share your unique experience as a Medi-Cal patient, physician or health care professional. Whether your experience has been good or bad, your story will help shed light on why the Medi-Cal system is vitally important to every Californian.
Your story can help CMA explain why we must improve access for Medi-Cal beneficiaries in a sustainable manner.
Share Your Story: There are two ways to share your story:
By the Numbers:
- 93% of physicians report that prior authorization delays patient care
- 82% say patients abandon treatment due to authorization struggles
- Physicians and their staff spend an average of almost two business days (13 hours) each week completing prior authorization requests
For More Information: For more details about how prior authorization harms patients, see the American Medical Association’s survey results.
The Changing Landscape of Reproductive Health - What Clinicians Need to Know
Join CMA's next Virtual Grand Rounds: The Changing Landscape of Reproductive Health - What Clinicians Need to Know on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, from 12:00 p.m PT to 1:00 p.m. PT
As a result of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the impact that the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization has had on medical education and patient care.
- Recognize how the restrictions on women’s healthcare laws affect the health and other outcomes of women.
- Explain considerations that a healthcare provider should make when working with patients or trainees from both within and outside the state of California, given this rapidly changing legal landscape
Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Tax Strategies and Solutions
Join us for an educational dinner presentation with WestPac Wealth Partners. Don't miss out on this opportunity to secure your financial future!
- Tax and capital gains mitigation
- How to leverage your business to build personal net worth and increase your balance sheet and retirement
- Take advantage of tax strategies to help reduce tax liability
Raquel Naranjo, JD, Financial Professional
Amit Chandel, CPA & Certified Tax Resolution Specialist (CTRS)
Alfred Valencia, CExP, Investment Advisor Representative
Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Location: Upper West 3321 Pico Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90405
Time: 6:30 PM
"It's a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together."
Chief Executive Officer
Los Angeles County Medical Association
“If it matters to our LACMA members, it matters to me.”